1 a branch or a part of a tree that is dead
2 someone or something that is unwanted and unneeded [syn: fifth wheel]
Deadwood may refer to the following places:
Deadwood may also refer to:
- Deadwood (boat component), one or more pieces of wood used to fill in the spaces between a wooden boat's wood keel and its ballast keel.
- Deadwood (game), board game.
- Deadwood (band), alternative-rock band from Israel.
- "Deadwood" (Garbage song), song by the rock group Garbage.
- "Deadwood" (song), Dirty Pretty Things song.
- Deadwood (TV series), television drama set in Deadwood, South Dakota.
- Deadwood (book), book written by Pete Dexter and published in 1986.
deadwood in Danish: Deadwood
deadwood in German: Deadwood
deadwood in French: Deadwood
deadwood in Italian: Deadwood
deadwood in Dutch: Deadwood
deadwood in Volapük: Deadwood
allowance, bine, bones, bough, branch, branchedness, branchiness, bulge, burgeon, chaff, culm, dishwater, draff, dregs, dust, edge, filings, flagellum, fork, frond, garbage, gash, handicap, head start, hogwash, husks, leavings, lees, limb, odds, offal, offscourings, offshoot, orts, overhand, parings, potsherds, rags, ramage, ramification, raspings, refuse, runner, sarment, scion, scourings, scrap iron, scraps, scum, shards, shavings, shoot, slack, slag, slip, slop, slops, spear, spray, sprig, sprit, sprout, start, stolon, stubble, sucker, sweepings, swill, switch, tares, tendril, thallus, twig, vantage, wastage, waste, waste matter, wastepaper, weeds